Web Hosting Terms
17 Web Hosting
This entire clause 17 relates to the Web Hosting Product.
17.1 Representations by us
17.1.1 Application of these Terms in respect of representations
You acknowledge and irrevocably agree that
- Any reliance you place on any representation(s) on other pages of the Site are subject to the terms and clarification specified in this Agreement, especially clause 17.1.2;
- You can only expect Services in accordance with the terms of this Agreement, and
- In the event of any inconsistency between the representation(s) on other pages of the Site, and this Agreement, especially clause 17.1.2, the terms of this Agreement shall prevail over the representations – and your expectations of the Service shall be limited to the representations in this Agreement.
It is your responsibility to ensure that any applied hosting package application is completed and activated ready for full use. Quoted times for account activation are estimates and we do not guarantee or imply activation within the quoted time frame. We may delay or refuse activation if:
- Payment is not cleared or received in full.
- We believe the order, information or payment is fraudulent.
- You have any funds outstanding with relation to any other account.
- The domain name quoted does not exist, is in a non-usable state (e.g pending renew) or deemed to be proposed for use that voids our Acceptable Use policy.
- There is any other reason which we deem satisfactory.
We may send notification of hosting activation however:
- Your contact details must be correct and up to date.
- This is not final word that your hosting is fully active and ready for use, you must ensure the hosting is fully functional.
You release us of any claim arising from failed hosting activation whether at fault of our system, our staff or any other factor out of our reasonable control.
17.1.3 Service Levels
We will endeavour to maintain network stability and satisfactory service levels, however you irrevocably agree that:
- We may from time to time perform routine maintenance, service and upgrades. We will endeavour to act on such instances at the most convenient times and provide reasonable notice by any means we deem satisfactory.
- We may experience outages beyond our control caused by any of the following; force majeure (any ‘act of god’ including those induced by negative human activities), war, invasion, act of hostilities, civil war, rebellion, military power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalism, governmental/quasi-governmental sanction, restraint, embargo, prohibition or intervention, blockage, labour dispute, general strike, lockout or failure of utilities (electricity, telephone, etc), failure of hardware (our hardware as well as third party), failure of software, failed software or hardware upgrade or any other failure as caused by us, our suppliers or any third party
- We may, at our discretion provide notification of outages whether planned or unplanned.
- You release us from any claim or potential claim with relation to outages and any loss of business/service suffered by you or any third party.
17.1.4 Third Party Services
We may provide services directly or via a third party. Third party services may be subject to specific agreements as supplied by them. By applying or using any service offered by us you must agree to this agreement and any agreement of our third party suppliers.
You expressly and irrevocably agree that:
- It is your responsibility to ensure that Services are utilized to their full potential;
- It is your responsibility to ensure the appropriateness and compatibility of Services that you are purchasing;
- You have ensured that Services that you are purchasing are appropriate and compatible to your needs prior to making the purchase;
- We are not obliged to provide refunds for any Service that is functional, as described, or of acceptable quality for the purpose which it is provided by us. We reserve the right, subject to these terms, to offer a refund only if a cancellation request is filed within 72 hours, being the reasonable ‘rejection period’ of the purchase application being made;
- We may choose, on your request to downgrade an account however no refund will be applied if outside the 72 hour rejection period where we have determined that the Service provided is functional, as described, or of acceptable quality for the purpose for which it is provided;
- You are liable to pay any administrative costs incurred by us as a result of refunding any Service within the 72 hour rejection period;
- Deposit/Cheque order cancellations will result in a credit being applied to your account or result in a surcharge to be taken from the refunded amount offered;
- Direct Deposit overpayments will either be returned via full account credit or transaction reversal minus surcharge;
- Your request for refund will be denied where:
- Service on the claim has been used illegally or outside the terms of service (spam, trojan, resource abuse resulting in a suspension, or any other way we deem to be inappropriate, including a website being compromised due to a vulnerability of an application installed by the user);
- We believe you have breached your agreement with clause 4.1.1(a), (b) and (c) in any way;
- We believe that you have not chosen to undertake the 30 day free trial (see 30 Day Free Trial) and you are claiming a refund pursuant to incompatibility with your operating systems;
- We believe that you have chosen to undertake the 30 day free trial (see 30 Day Free Trial) and, after 30 days has expired, you are claiming a refund pursuant to incompatibility with your operating systems;
- We have sent communication to you, and we do not receive a response to our communication within 1 week of us sending such communication; or
- We believe the request is fraudulent.
- We take no responsibility for any mistakes in application either on the advice of our staff or your sole decision; and
- You are liable for the costs we incur (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) if you make any claim in connection with or arising from Services, and you have breached your agreement with clause 17.1 of these Terms in any way whatsoever at any time after indicating your agreement to these Terms.
17.2.2 Process of claiming refund
In order to claim a refund, you undertake to clearly request a refund (and provide reasons for the request) via email to us within 72 hours from the date that the Service was provisioned as defined by the invoice creation date, or within 72 hours of the dispute occurring. You understand that it is your responsibility to ensure that we have received your email within this timeframe. Generally, a response will be sent to you within a fortnight of us receiving your request, but we may convey a response earlier. You also understand that your eligibility for refund is subject to clause 17.2.1 of this Agreement.
17.3 Suspension & cancellation
You expressly and irrevocably agree that we reserve the right to suspend/cancel any/all Service if:
- You have any outstanding invoice or account.
- Your account is in dispute or dispute resolutions procedure, court order, judgement, findings or determination.
- You fail to comply with any provision in this agreement or those referenced in this agreement.
- There is evidence of fraudulent, illegal, defamatory, offensive activities, or any activity in breach of a third party’s rights.
- We deem your use of our services may jeopardize the operation of the service, us or our suppliers.
- We deem any other reason as satisfactory to protect us, our staff and/or our suppliers.
Any suspension or cancellation is subject to clause 17.2.
If your account is cancelled under this agreement:
- You must pay all outstanding charges to us immediately.
- We may revoke/terminate any license issued to or by you in relations to the services as of the date of cancellation.
- We may immediately delete all data held prior to cancellation.
- We may perform any action without notice.
17.4 Web Hosting cancellation
We hold the right to suspend/cancel/terminate any hosting service for any of the following:
- Non-payment or failure to renew service.
- Chargeback/reverse of payment.
- If we have reason to believe you are not using the services in accordance with this service agreement.
- If a competent regulatory authority/body requires us to do so.
- At our sole discretion.
Service provision may also be suspended/cancelled or terminated:
- If you are in breach of this agreement or registry operator policy. We may give you notice identifying the breach and requiring remedy with a specific time frame.
- If you do not comply with our breach notice.
You release us of any claim arising from suspension, cancellation or termination of any service.